How to Hire the Right SEO Consultant
Search Engine Optimization is a challenging business – it is constantly evolving. Finding a Top SEO consultant in Pakistan can be difficult for a small businesses. Do not be fooled by people who claim to be an SEO guru while hiding behind confusing technical jargon and fleecing clients with Outdated or ineffective advice.
How do you find good SEO help?
Here are a few helpful pointers:
- As a first step determine what is your goal? What are you trying to achieve? Link removal, reputation management, a onetime SEO audit, ongoing SEO, link building, PPC management, content marketing. Do you want to grow sales or you want to focus on leads? Select a goal by which you will measure the success of your engagement with your SEO firm.
- Once you know what you want, ask the SEO firms to make a presentation to you and your team as to how they will achieve your goal. Almost all the companies you approach would be happy to give you a free consultation as this would help them prove their worth to you and eventually enable them to get hired. This will also help you to know if you like the firm and the people you’ll be working with.
- Get case studies and references from SEO firms that have done work for clients with similar project. Check at least three current references to discuss how the SEO company helped them succeed. An agency telling you they helped someone to increase traffic by 50% isn’t nearly as important as them telling you a story about how they solved a client’s needs.
- Your agency should provide you with direct access and training to the reporting metrics of your site. This will help you measure the success of the agency you are working with.
- A good agency would not only focus on ranking reports, but also on quality traffic and conversions.
- SEO agencies or consultants should be able to offer basic SEO consulting services like: improve spidering and content discovery, information architecture, keyword research, content optimization and promotion, link building, analytics and conversion tracking.
– Find out the years of experience your SEO consultant has.
- A good SEO consultant or company would be able understand all the technical limitations and issues that search engines may have, and they would be able to convey those to the developers of your website so that the issues can be minimized or resolved. Hence, it’s important that your SEO Consultant has a good understanding of :
a. Structure of your site to determine how easy or difficult is it for visitors to find relevant content.
b. On-page optimization (using keywords & and HTML tags in that help increase search engine traffic to your site)
c. Off-page optimization (link building).
- Your SEO consultant needs to have a well-rounded understanding of your product, the target market, the content, web analytics, web design & development and more.
- Its imperative that your SEO Consultant understands the big picture. A focus on conversion is more important than concern with search engine ranking.